Runecats Forums

Cincinnati Reds Face Masks - Official MLB Face Masks Online Store  

RSS

OBMAL
Eminent Member
22/12/2020 2:19 am  

"As a Dallas native who grew up rooting for the Rangers, I recognize what a special opportunity this is and how much the Rangers mean to this community," said Young, who lives in Dallas with his wife and three children. "I look forward to learning from and working with Jon on a daily basis."

When Frank Thomas joined the Phillies in August 1964, he had already gained the reputation as a “needler.” Philadelphia Inquirer writer Sandy Grady once wrote of him, “He had an uncanny knack for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time to the wrong guy.” Allen was often the target of Thomas’ agitating. Once, after arriving at an airport in Los Angeles, Thomas flipped him a quarter and yelled, “Hey, boy, take my bags!” Allen recalled in a 1971 interview with Sporting News. Thomas thought it was funny. Allen wasn’t laughing. Eventually, they’d both be involved in one of the most infamous fights in baseball history.Cincinnati Reds Face Masks

Gonzalez: Relative to their revenue streams, I'll go with the Miami Marlins in 2011. They were heading into a new, taxpayer-funded stadium, ownership promised to spend on the rosters, and so Jeffrey Loria, David Samson and Michael Hill patrolled the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas like wannabe mobsters, negotiating with the agents of all the biggest free agents and at times pressuring them into quick decisions. They ultimately signed Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle and Heath Bell over a five-day stretch -- and it went about as poorly as you could imagine. Seven months later, the Marlins traded away most of their good players and went into another full-scale rebuild.

What will you miss most/least about the meetings now that they've gone virtual for 2020?
Kurkjian: What I will miss the most -- and the least -- about the winter meetings are the millions of trips through the lobby. There is so much to love there, so much to learn and so much misinformation to fear. The lobby has changed dramatically over the years. Now, it's hard to find GMs in the lobby; they're locked in their private suites with their armies of assistants, none of whom can complete a hook slide in the lobby bar at 1:30 a.m.Texas Rangers Face Masks

Passan: At the 2015 meetings, my colleague at the time, Tim Brown, got a tip: Cincinnati closer Aroldis Chapman, who was on the verge of being traded by the Reds, had gotten into trouble off the field. He didn't have any firm details.Kansas City Royals Face Masks

That was the scene on Monday when West made his first Summer Camp appearance to umpire a Tampa Bay Rays intrasquad game. He had medical gloves on, but his face remained uncovered beneath his umpire mask. Striking images soon surfaced of West very close to players without a mask. It was obvious from the moment West gave his USA Today interview that he was not going to take MLB’s safety protocols seriously. However, seeing him out in the open flaunting just how little he cares about the safety of those around him was still somewhat startling.

“He was mistreated by the Phillies, he was mistreated by the media,” Jaffe told The Undefeated. “He had every right to be as angry as he was … I don’t think the world was quite ready for that kind of Black athlete to give pushback at the times that he was doing it.” Jaffe compared Allen’s resume to Hall of Famers Jeff Bagwell and Ron Santo, both of whom had relatively short careers but were exceptional when they played. Bagwell was elected on his seventh year on the ballot, while Santo fell short of election several times before finally being inducted in 2012.Pittsburgh Pirates Face Masks

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register