Runecats Forums

Wordpress and Roccat  

RSS

rob
 rob
19/07/2017 1:48 pm  

Hi - was trying to work with Wordpress in Roccat but found that when editing pages, the Wordpress controls for formatting text (like those in the form above) just don't appear and any text entered is white against the white background of the text box so it looks like there's nothing there. Can anyone help with this? Thanks

ReplyQuote
Support
Admin
19/07/2017 2:06 pm  

Hey Rob,

Is the site running on the latest version of WordPress (4.8)
and are you using the latest version of Roccat (7.4).

Secondly which version of macOS are you using?

Lastly is it both rows of controls in this screenshot that you are missing?

All the best,
Matt Cambridge (Runecats support) 

ReplyQuote
rob
 rob
19/07/2017 2:29 pm  

Hi Matt - it's Wordpress 4.8, Roccat 7.4 and OSX 10.6.8. I also tried it on 10.5.7 but got the same results. I've tried it on an old version of Chrome and the last version of Firefox and those both work fine and the latest version of Leopard Webkit is fine also. I really like Roccat though cos it's so fast and minimalistic so hope we can sort this out. And yes, it's both rows - there's nothing at all.

Edited: 5 months  ago

ReplyQuote
Support
Admin
19/07/2017 9:26 pm  

We're testing a website on WordPress 4.8 on 10.6.8 right now and we're not seeing any issues, is there anything unique
about your WordPress sites setup?

Also since you mentioned Leopard WebKit are you using Roccat
relinked to Leopard WebKit engine or not? 

Lastly when your in the backend of WordPress where you can see this issue,
can you try right clicking and choosing 'Inspect Element' and then click on the 'Console' tab
and let us know if there are any errors showing there.

ReplyQuote
rob
 rob
20/07/2017 12:38 am  

I'm just starting to learn about creating sites in Wordpress so it's just the standard installation, followed by creating a few static pages. When editing the pages, the text formatting tools are invisible. For info, I tried it on another Mac (I have a few) with fresh Roccat 7.4 and 10.7.5 with exactly the same problem. No, I haven't relinked it to Leopard Webkit either - it's the standard Roccat install.

The console output you asked about is in the attached screenshot. Thanks for all your help. If I'd fiddled around with the Wordpress install, I'd understand but it's just the standard install.

ReplyQuote
Support
Admin
20/07/2017 11:00 am  

The bug appears to be a WordPress conflict bug with the tinyMCE when using WebKit on older systems,
it effects other browsers including Safari. There is already a radar report on the WordPress ticketing system.

So hopefully they'll solve it soon, it appears to be an issue introduced in WordPress 4.8.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register