Runecats Forums

Pros and cons of Jira  

RSS

trustedreviews
12/08/2020 12:24 pm  

Hi, this is Ricky. I using jira since 2 years for my project Myassignmenthelp and here I going to explain pros and cons of Jira.

Here are  feedback regarding my and users experience:

Not the best mobile app. Jira users are more than satisfied with its web version, but not so much with its mobile app. They complain of having to navigate a lot in order to do various tasks. In contrast, they can all do these actions smoothly in the web version.

Complex integration and migration from other application lifecycle management (ALM) systems. Migrating a project, for example, from Microsoft Team Foundation Server into Jira involves manually migrating each artifact into Jira, which is very time-consuming.

Reports are not reusable. Jira graphical reports cannot be downloaded as an image. Using other methods alters the resolution of the images, resulting in poor images.

Limited file size upload. Users complain that the file size upload is limited to 10MB or less. Therefore, uploading a photo, video, or document that is more than 10MB in size is not allowed.

Confusing UI. Some people find the user interface a bit cluttered, and filtering tools are not the easiest to use. Also, some find the configurations confusing, because some parts of the software still use an older version of their graphical interface, while some parts are newer.

For those who want to search for other options, you can read our Top 3 Software Alternatives to Jira Software.

The Pros or Advantages of Jira

Jira remains to be a popular solution with over 65,000 customers worldwide. Here are some of the reasons why:

It supports roadmap requirements. Jira has tools that enable users to sketch out the big picture, communicate plans, and connect the bigger roadmap goals to the team’s everyday tasks.

Great for agile. The software provides a single view for all user stories and can generate the needed reports for various sprints, such a burndown charts, sprint velocity, and others. Also, users can organize tickets into sprints and releases, and also monitor the workload and task assignments of the team.

Available integration. The issue and project tracking software integrate with many popular third-party software. For example, integration with Hipchat and Slack makes it easy to communicate issues and respond to notifications. More than 3000 apps are available at the Atlassian Marketplace to extend the features of the software.

Highly customizable. Jira allows users to create any type of issue. They can also customize workflows to fit any requirement of a particular company. Users can create and customize various elements, such as tables, forms, timelines, reports, fields, and more.

Works for different types of users. The software can be used by developers, project managers, engineers, managers, and other non-tech business professionals.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register